Store-bought acne cleansers can be abrasive and irritating ⏤ use this foaming face wash for acne-prone skin instead, which is all-natural and gentle, yet effective.
About the ingredients/supplies
This post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a commission should you chose to make a purchase using my link.
- All-natural, plant-based
- Gentle, yet effective
- Soothes and relieves skin
- Contains anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, anti-fungal and antioxidant properties
- Lighter and non-greasy version of regular coconut oil, is great for all skin types, including acne-prone skin
- Antibacterial properties helps to heal skin
- Has anti-oxidant properties
- Not to mention the relaxing and calming properties
- And the fresh, pleasant fragrance
- Is antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiseptic and antiviral
- Speeds up the healing of wounds
- The best option for the cleanest face wash possible
- If you don’t have distilled water, filtered water is a close second
- It doesn’t contain any of the nasty minerals found in tap water
- Is the key to a proper foaming face wash, your mixture won’t foam without this!
- You can re-use a foaming dispenser you already have, or purchase a new one (linked here)
- I love foaming face wash not only because it uses a fraction of the amount of face wash as a typical dispenser does, but also creates foamy clouds!
How to make
- Unscrew the cap of your foaming soap dispenser and get ready to add:
- 1/4 cup of Liquid Castile soap
- Now add 1 tbsp of Witch hazel and 2 tsp of Fractionated coconut oil
- Add 5 drops each of Lavender and Melaleuca (Tea tree) essential oils
- Top it all off with 1/2 cup of distilled water and screw the cap back on
- Give it a good shake to combine
- The Fractionated coconut oil and water will separate, so be sure to give it a good shake before each use
- I use this DIY Foaming face wash for acne-prone skin twice a day to wash my face; once in the morning, and once at night and follow it up with my DIY Facial oil
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @LAurenrdaniels on Instagram and hashtag it #LAurenrdaniels