You can make your own body wash for eczema at home. All you need are the right ingredients and the right recipe, and I guarantee it will help with the itching, the flaking and the dry skin. Ditch the store brands with ingredients you can’t even pronounce and try this easy DIY. Your skin will thank you!
But, if eczema isn’t your affliction, and you have acne instead ⏤ be sure to check out my foaming face wash for acne-prone skin!
Best ingredients for eczema relief
Liquid castile soap
- All-natural and plant-based
- Gentle, yet effective
- A great moisturizer
- Has antibacterial, anti-fungal and antimicrobial properties
- Provides soothing relief and may speed healing
- Has anti-viral, anti-fungal and antibacterial properties
- Helps to heal skin conditions
- Contains antioxidants and is very moisturizing
Vitamin E oil
- Very nourishing and softening
- Rejuvenates and restores dehydrated skin
- Acts as a cleansing agent
Lavender essential oil
- Soothing for skin irritations
- Reduces skin imperfections
- Has calming and relaxing properties
Melaleuca (Tea tree) essential oil
- Is antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiseptic and antiviral
- Speeds up the healing of wounds
- Reduces itching and swelling
- I repurposed a glass bottle for my best body wash for eczema
- Reusing containers is an easy way to be eco-friendly and lower your plastic usage
- Store-bought versions are packaged in plastic, they will eventually require recycling. This creates a never-ending cycle. Break the cycle by re-using glass!
How to make
- Add 1/4 cup of coconut oil to your mixing bowl
- Followed by 2/3 cup of liquid castile soap and 1/4 cup of raw honey
- Use a fork to combine
- Next, add 1 tsp of Vitamin E oil
- Add 7 drops of Lavender and 5 drops of Melaleuca (Tea tree) essential oils
- Give it a final stir
- Transfer to your air-tight container. Use a funnel if necessary.
- Add the cap to your air-tight container
- All done!
How to use
- Use as you would any store-bought body wash
- Keep the lid tight between use to retain shelf life
- Speaking of which, this body wash will keep for 6 months
- This recipe is meant to be thick, so you only need a little bit at a time.
- Note: Adding water will drastically reduce it’s shelf-life!
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @LAurenrdaniels on Instagram and hashtag it #LAurenrdaniels