Can I be honest here? I always thought night serums were stupid! Not only are they are just a marketing ploy to get you to purchase more products. But, using the same products for night and day is obviously the better (and more economical) option. Right?!
While it may be cheaper to only buy one thing, ultimately, it depends on your skin and what it needs. If you suffer from dark spots, hyperpigmentation, acne scars, uneven skin tone or anything similar, your skin may need some extra help! In some cases, applying vitamin C to the skin can help ⏤ and unfortunately that requires buying products that can only be used at night. Vitamin C is so powerful, that when it comes in contact with the sun, science happens. And unfortunately for us, that equates to skin sensitivity, irritation or even sun burn. So, do yourself (and your beautiful skin) a favor and don’t risk it ⏤ only apply products containing vitamin C at night.
What’s the flip side of all this? We can make our own products at home! Yes ma’am, this Dark spot remover for face can be just as effective as those pricey serums and creams from the store. Except, we not only know what ingredients are going in, and once we buy said ingredients, we can make and re-make this recipe over and over again. Is that not the most economical option of all? Win-win! 🙌🏾
About the ingredients/supplies
This post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a commission should you chose to make a purchase using my link.
- Great for acne-prone skin
- Easily absorbs into the skin without being too heavy
- I use Grapeseed oil as my carrier oil, but feel free to use any carrier oil that works well for your skin type
- Contains Hesperidin, which reduces melanin production in your skin to make it lighter
- Great for treating dark spots, acne scarring, hyperpigmentation and uneven skin tone
- It is photosensitive, so only apply skin at night to prevent sunburn or irritation
- Reduces the appearance of skin imperfections
- Promotes healthy-looking, smooth skin
- Has soothing and beautifying properties that are used to rejuvenate skin and reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks
- Promotes youthful, radiant-looking skin and slows the signs of aging
- Has dropper for easy application
- UV-protected glass helps its contents to retain their respective effective properties
How to make
- Unscrew the cap on your dropper bottle and get ready to add:
- 12 drops of Lemon essential oil
- Next, add 4 drops of Sandalwood essential oil
- Now, add 2 drops of Frankincense essential oil
- Fill the remainder of the dropper bottle with Grapeseed oil. Don’t make the same mistake I did and be sure to leave some room to add the cap back on (watch the video and see for yourself 😉👆🏾)
- Screw the dropper cap back on
- Shake to combine
How to use
- Wash your face thoroughly (I use this foaming face wash for sensitive skin or this one for acne-prone skin) and then pat skin dry with a facial towel
- Next, I’ll add about 3 drops of the Dark spot remover for face to clean and dry hands
- Rub hands together to evenly distribute
- Gently massage onto face until absorbed
- IMPORTANT: Only use this Dark spot remover for face at night! Lemon essential oil is the main ingredient and causes photosensitivity. Simply put, it makes your skin extremely sensitive to direct sunlight exposure
- Store at room temperature and out of direct sunlight
- Looking for a facial oil that is safe for day or night? This is my go-to at the moment!
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @LAurenrdaniels on Instagram and hashtag it #LAurenrdaniels