Boys (aka grown men) make messes. So do pets. Also children. These are plenty of reasons already as to why this homemade stain remover recipe is necessary for everyone. Every human knows atleast one man/child or pet. And goodness, if you have more than one, how have you survived all this time without this? Please enjoy.
About the ingredients and supplies
This post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a commission should you chose to make a purchase using my link.
- Considered the world’s safest, all-natural sanitizer & disinfectant
- Kills microorganisms through oxidation
- Acts as a germicidal, antibacterial and antiviral agent
- This all-purpose cleaner and deodorizer is pure, safe and natural
- Has many uses around the house, including for personal care (like this toothpaste, for example)
- All-natural, plant-based
- Gentle, yet effective
- Highly concentrated, so a little goes a long way!
- Is antimicrobial, and inhibits the growth of bacteria
- Has purifying properties, and is a natural cleanser
- Smells like citrus heaven
- I’ve repurposed a sauce bottle, but if you don’t have anything handy, you can order something similar (linked here)
- I often repurpose old bottles and jars for my DIY products which is an easy way to be more eco-friendly. Removing old product stickers and labels used to be quite the chore ⏤ but now it’s a breeze when I use my DIY Goo Gone to get the annoying sticky residue off. Try it, it’ll change your life.
How to make
- Open your air-tight container and get ready to add:
- 1/4 cup of Hydrogen peroxide
- Now, add 2 tbsps each of Baking soda and Dish soap
- Top it off with 2 drops of Lemon essential oil
- Add the top back on your air-tight container
- Now, shake to combine
- All done!
How to use
- Apply a generous amount of this homemade stain remover recipe to the offensive stain
- Use a scrub brush to fully saturate the stain
- Now, let it set for at least 1 hour
- After 1 hour, wash and dry as you normally would (I use this to wash and this for a little extra scent boost). I will usually attack all stains on laundry day, that way I’m not doing additional loads of laundry throughout the week
- All done! Now, sit back and admire your stain-less garment(s)
- Store in a dark cupboard when not in use so the hydrogen peroxide retains its effective properties
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @LAurenrdaniels on Instagram and hashtag it #LAurenrdaniels