Mosquitoes can’t resist my sweet, sweet type-A blood. I leave outdoor barbecues with my skin all tight and itchy, wondering why ⏤ until I get in front of a mirror 😞and realize they got me ::sigh:: they got me good! Then, I would spend the next week scratching my skin raw to get some type of relief. That was the move until I discovered this! This handy-dandy bug bite itch relief rollerball is all-natural, non-toxic and super-easy to make. Keep scrolling to find out how!
And once you’ve eradicated all the itchies, but bugs are still bothering you, only in the kitchen. Near your fruit ⏤ I can gladly say I know how to get rid of fruit flies. It’s quick and easy too.
About the ingredients/supplies
Lavender essential oil
- Has analgesic abilities, which simply means it has a numbing effect, so you feel less icky!
- Has calming and soothing properties
- Not to mention smells amazing
Peppermint essential oil
- Significantly reduces itching
- Speeds up healing time
- Has cooling and soothing effects
Melaleuca (Tea tree) essential oil
- Has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and anti-itch properties
- Reduces itching and swelling (and hopefully scratching!)
- Minimizes the spread of bacteria
Fractionated Coconut oil
- Its antibacterial properties prevent germs from spreading
- Great for all skin types
- Great for quick and easy-application
- Easy to take on-the-go
- The frosted glass ones I use are linked above in case you need to grab some
How to make
- Unscrew the cap and remove the roller ball from your roller bottle and get ready to add:
- 6 drops of Lavender essential oil
- 4 drops of Peppermint essential oil
- 5 drops of Melaleuca (Tea tree) essential oil
- Fill the rest of the bottle with Fractionated coconut oil, being sure to leave room to add the roller ball back on
- Give it a shake to combine
- This bug bite itch relief rollerball is adult-friendly, but if it needs to be kid-friendly as well, be sure to adjust the recipe and use:
- 2 drops each of Lavender, Peppermint and Melaleuca (Tea tree) essential oils
- Let’s be safe and dilute essential oils for young ones because of their sensitive and precious skin
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @LAurenrdaniels on Instagram and hashtag it #LAurenrdaniels