Do you know what’s in your store bought toothpaste? Many of the mainstream toothpaste brands contain toxic ingredients, sadly, and even some of the ‘healthy’ brands contain harmful ingredients that do not promote tooth health. This DIY Natural Toothpaste recipe is quick and easy to make and contains none of the nasties. Aaannd…keeps more empty toothpaste tubes (aka plastic) out of landfills and helps our environment.
About the ingredients/supplies
It’s super important to source clean, organic ingredients ⏤ especially since DIY Natural Toothpaste recipe is for internal use, so please make sure the essential oils you use are marked as safe for consumption because unfortunately, not all of them are. Also, for the effective properties of the Bentonite clay to stay effective (lol), it’s important that it doesn’t come into contact with metal. That means, no metal bowl, no metal spoon and no metal container. If you are in need of any of those, they can be found at the link below. I’ve taken the liberty of compiling all of the ingredients I used for this recipe for you, since I know it’s not always easy.
This post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a commission should you chose to make a purchase using my link.
- Reduces inflammation and protects from free radicals
- Has anti-bacterial properties and helps to boost gut health
- Is rich in minerals and helps to remove toxins
- Is a natural polisher
- Is alkaline and anti-fungal
- Neutralizes acids
- Helps to remove plaque and tooth stains
- A natural sweetener that helps to prevent tooth decay
- Enhances mineralization of tooth enamel
- Tastes yum
- Fights free radicals
- Decreases inflammation
- Smells great
- Promotes healthy digestion
- Antimicrobial and antibacterial
- Has a warm, spicy scent
How to make
- Add 2.5 tbsp of Bentonite clay, 1 tbsp of Baking soda, and 1 tbsp of Xylitol to a non-metallic bowl using a non-metallic spoon
- Mix to combine
- Add 3 tbsp of Coconut oil and 5 drops each of Cinnamon and Cassia essential oils
- Mix again to combine
- Store in a non-metallic air-tight container
- Use as you would any conventional toothpaste
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @LAurenrdaniels on Instagram and hashtag it #LAurenrdaniels