There is nothing like warm laundry straight out of the dryer. Well, actually there is nothing like warm laundry straight out of the dryer that smells amazing! Luckily, I have something to help you out with that last part! This DIY Laundry scent booster is only 2 ingredients and will make your laundry smell good. Store-bought brands contain some questionable ingredients, so why not make a non-toxic version at home instead? You can control the scent as well as how subtle or strong it is! Scroll down, I’ll show you how!
What you need
This post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a commission should you chose to make a purchase using my link.
- This oil promotes relaxation, helps to reduce stress and tension, and has a soothing & calming aroma
- I like to use Ylang Ylang essential oil, but feel free to use your fave essential oil instead
- You can customize your fragrance in scent, and in strength, so feel free to increase or decrease the amount of drops based upon your preference
- I’m using a glass jar here, but any air-tight container will work
- I often save marinara sauce jars and use them for storage ⏤ they are basically free containers. Just be sure to wash them out first!
- And, if you have any trouble getting their pesky labels unstuck, check out this DIY Goo Gone to help get the job done!
How to make
- Open up your air-tight container and get ready to add in your washing soda. I used 3 cups worth
- Next, add in 50 drops of Ylang Ylang essential oil. If you have a different essential oil fave, feel free to use what you like!
- Close up your container and shake well to combine
- All done!
How to use
- Add your laundry to the washing machine
- Scoop in 1/4 cup of the DIY Laundry Scent Booster
- Run your load as your normally would
- Enjoy your smell-goods!
- This DIY Laundry Scent Booster gets more fragrant the longer it sits, so the longer you wait before your first use, the better!
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @LAurenrdaniels on Instagram and hashtag it #LAurenrdaniels