It’s a sad reality; grout is like the ear’s equivalent to the face, it always gets neglected and we forget to give it a good scrub. But luckily, this grout cleaner is so easy to make and cuts cleaning time in half ⏤ just apply, give it some time to marinate, scrub to loosen up the dirt and wipe clean! This is a grout cleaner that works, and does so with only the cleanest of ingredients. Your ears should be so lucky! Once you’ve given your grout a good once over, check out this foaming face cleaner and show your ears some love 😍
What you need
- Considered the world’s safest, all-natural sanitizer & disinfectant
- Kills microorganisms through oxidation
- Acts as a germicidal, antibacterial and antiviral agent
- This all-purpose cleaner and deodorizer is pure, safe and natural
- Has many uses around the house, including for personal care (like this shampoo, for example)
Dr. Bronner’s Sal Suds
- All-natural, plant-based
- Gentle, yet effective
- Highly concentrated, so a little goes a long way!
doTERRA Purify essential oil
- An exclusive combination of essential oils that purify and eradicate odors naturally and safely
- Contains Lemon, Lime and Pine essential oils (known for their powerful cleansing properties), along with Siberian and Austrian Firs (to purify the air and protect against environmental threats), as well as Citronella, Melaleuca and Cilantro
- The recipe still works if you omit the essential oil, but this is highly recommended for best results
- I’ve repurposed a sauce bottle, but if you don’t have anything handy, you can order something similar (linked above 👆🏾)
- I love to repurpose old bottles and containers for my DIY products which is an easy way to be more eco-friendly
- If you end up using a clear container like I did, be sure to store your grout cleaner in a cool, dark place
How to make
- Remove the top on your air-tight container and get ready to add:
- 1 part of Hydrogen peroxide (or fill your container halfway)
- Next, add 1 part of Baking soda (or add Baking soda until your container is almost full)
- Add one squeeze of Dr. Bronner’s Sal Suds
- This is completely optional, but if you have doTERRA’s Purify essential oil, add 3 drops
- Now, close your container up and give it a good shake to combine
- All done!
How to use
- Contents settle, so give it a good shake before using
- Apply liberally to saturate your grout
- Allow the cleaner time to do its work, so set a timer for 5-10 minutes. Don’t let it dry out!
- Get a scrub brush and some elbow grease and scrub vigorously! You will notice dirt and grubbies loosening
- Now clean and rinse as you normally would to reveal your clean grout!
- A victory dance is in order! Or better yet, tackle that rug next using this!
- If you repurposed a clean container like I did, make sure to store your grout cleaner in a cool, dark place
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @LAurenrdaniels on Instagram and hashtag it #LAurenrdaniels