Don’t let the title fool you, these wet wipes are not only for babies. Toddlers, children, teens, tweens, young adults and old, even seniors can find use for these without a doubt! These baby butt wipes don’t discriminate. We all desire a clean bum. And everyone knows a clean bum is a happy bum. This recipe uses clean, non-toxic ingredients ⏤ scroll down, I’ll show you how to make baby butt wipes. Once you’ve mastered the clean bum, feel free to take a gander at DIY Lysol disinfecting wipes.
What you need
Fractionated coconut oil
- Has antibacterial, antiviral and antimicrobial properties that help to heal skin
- Lighter and non-greasy version of regular coconut oil, is great for all skin types
- Doesn’t solidify like regular coconut oil, and stays a liquid no matter the temperature
- Using boiling water kills any lingering germies
- Also, allows the mixture to penetrate the wipes better
- Recommend boiling filtered or spring water if possible
Lavender essential oil
- Has antibacterial, antimicrobial and anti-oxidant properties
- Has cleansing properties too!
- Not to mention that fresh, pleasant fragrance
Tea tree essential oil
- Is anti-bacterial, antimicrobial, antiseptic and antiviral
- Has purifying and cleansing properties
Paper towel roll or fabric cloths
- Using paper towels makes these wipes disposable, using washable and re-usable fabric cloths makes a more eco-friendly option
- You could cut up an old t-shirt to make your wipes
- If using paper towels and an air-tight container similar to the one I used (linked above), 1 paper towel roll yields enough wipes to make this recipe twice
- I love using glass containers for my DIY products, this specific container is linked above in case you want to buy one
- Making these baby butt wipes and other made-at-home products is a great way to lower your plastic usage and be more eco-friendly, since you are not only buying less products packaged in plastic, but also using more non-toxic ingredients. High five, Mother Earth!
How to make
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil
- In the meantime, cut paper towel roll down to size using a serrated knife and/or scissors (one roll cut in half could be used to make this recipe twice, or better yet, save the other roll to make Lysol Disinfecting wipes)
- Squeeze paper towel roll into air-tight container
- In a separate pitcher or bowl, get ready to add:
- 3 tbsp of Fractionated coconut oil followed by 4 drops each of Lavender and Tea tree essential oils
- Stir to combine
- Pour entire mixture into air-tight container saturating the paper towel well
- Remove the cardboard paper towel core from the center of the roll
- Pull the first wipe from the center of the roll
- Ready to use!
Ways to use
- There are so many ways to use these baby butt wipes ⏤ the most obvious way being to wipe baby butts!
- But, these could also wipe adult butts too!
- The possibilities are endless!
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @LAurenrdaniels on Instagram and hashtag it #LAurenrdaniels