In light of the new normal, where Purell is selling for $348 a pop, I figured this would help the rest of us out a bit. Purell is great in a pinch, but making DIY Hand Sanitizer gel is super easy and a heck of a lot cheaper. Plus, once you buy these ingredients once, you can make and re-make this recipe enough to out-live this annoying strain of coronavirus. Promise 🤞🏾scouts honor. P.S., hand sani is great and all, but the best preventative measure is still just washing your hands. Hopefully I am not the first to unleash this knowledge on you. So, if you are in need of a couple hand soap DIYs, my goodness have you come to the right place. You can find my two current favs here and here. And, if for some reason you can’t be bothered with the hand washing, but prefer a hand sanitizer spray instead, I still got you. And also, eww, gross.
About the ingredients
Aloe vera gel
- Soothes and hydrates irritated skin
- Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties help to heal damaged skin
- Helps to thicken the recipe
- An effective disinfectant
- Safe for multi-purpose use without any of the toxicity
- The higher the percentage, the more cleaning power ⏤ I’m using 99% here, but use what you have, or what you can find
Vitamin E oil
- Hydrates and moisturizes the skin
- Provides conditioning to environmentally-exposed skin
- Helps to keep skin’s protective barrier intact
doTERRA OnGuard essential oil
- Supports healthy immune and respiratory function
- Protects against environmental threats
- Successfully suppresses influenza
How to make
- Remove the cap on your air-tight container and get ready to add:
- 1/4 cup of Aloe vera gel (or a little bit less depending on the size of your container)
- Next, add 3 tsps of Isopropyl alcohol
- And then add 1 tsp of Vitamin E oil
- Lastly, add 5 drops of Essential oil
- Add the cap on your air-tight container and shake to combine
- All done!
How to use
- Squeeze a quarter-size amount into hands and rub together to distribute
- Reapply as needed
- Now that you know how to make DIY Hand Sanitizer gel, share with a friend. Spread the word and not the germs!
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @LAurenrdaniels on Instagram and hashtag it #LAurenrdaniels