We can all be grownups about this topic, can’t we? Sometimes our 💩is stinky. And maybe we don’t always think ours smells that bad. But, if you’ve ever used the bathroom after another human before, you know it doesn’t always smell like rainbows and roses in there (do rainbows even have a smell?) 🤷🏽♀️Enter this DIY Poo pourri spray recipe! It’s super-easy to make at home. And doing so, saves you cash money. Plus, it makes sharing a bathroom suck less. All you have to do is spray this DIY Poo pourri spray into the toilet bowl right before you “commence activities,” flush (and wash your hands, please!), and it’s as though you never went. This is just the sorcery we all need.
About the ingredients and supplies
- An effective disinfectant
- Safe for multi-purpose use without any of the toxicity
- Chemically known as Magnesium Sulfate
- Eliminates toxins and absorbs odors
- Is an important mineral that has many health and beauty uses
doTERRA Purify essential oil
- An exclusive combination of essential oils that purify and eradicate odors in a natural, safe way
- Contains Lemon, Lime and Pine essential oils (known for their powerful cleansing properties), along with Siberian and Austrian Firs (to purify the air and protect against environmental threats), as well as Citronella, Melaleuca and Cilantro
- Best option for the cleanest DIY Poo Pourri possible
- If you don’t have distilled water on hand, don’t fret! Filtered water is a close second
- But, distilled water doesn’t contain any of the nasty minerals found in tap water
Glass spray bottle
- Dark, frosted or UV-protected glass preserves the effectiveness of the essential oils naturally
- Does not leach into essential oils like plastic
- Small size makes it discreet!
How to make
- Remove the spray nozzle from your spray bottle, add your funnel, and get ready to add:
- A pinch of Epsom salt
- Followed by 1 tsp of Isopropyl alcohol
- Then, 30 drops of doTERRA Purify (or your favorite) essential oil
- Finally, fill the rest of the bottle with Distilled water making sure to leave clearance to screw the spray nozzle back on
- Give it all a good shake to combine
How to use
- Give the toilet bowl 5 spritzes of your DIY Poo Pourri spray recipe before you sit down and conduct your business
- That’s it!
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @LAurenrdaniels on Instagram and hashtag it #LAurenrdaniels