Say goodbye to toxic store-brand laundry detergents and hello to a cleaner, greener laundry routine with this DIY liquid laundry detergent recipe. Free from harsh chemicals and artificial fragrances, it offers a gentle yet powerful cleaning solution for your clothes. Making it at home is a simple, cost-effective process with readily available ingredients, allowing you to enjoy clean, fresh laundry while minimizing your ecological footprint. Choose this eco-conscious and wallet-friendly option for a healthier and more sustainable approach to laundry care.
What you need
This post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a commission should you chose to make a purchase using my link.
- All-natural and plant-based
- Gentle, yet effective
- Is a natural detergent booster and freshener
- Is a safe solution without any fumes or toxins
- Also known as Sodium Carbonate
- This all-purpose cleaner and deodorizer is pure, safe and natural
- Has many uses around the house, including for personal care
- Also known as Sodium Bicarbonate
- Composed of dried remnants of the original, primal sea
- Helps to keep colors from fading and helps to lift stains
- Is alkaline and contains over 80 essential minerals
- Best option for the cleanest DIY Liquid laundry detergent possible
- If you don’t have distilled water on hand, don’t fret! Filtered water is a close second
- It doesn’t contain any of the nasty minerals found in tap water
How to make
- Bring 4 cups of Distilled water to boil
- Once boiled, slowly add in 1/2 cup of Washing soda, and 1/4 each of Baking soda and Himalayan pink salt
- After everything has dissolved, allow to cool
- Then, add 12 cups of water
- Finally, slowly pour in 1 cup of Liquid castile soap
- Give it a shake to combine
- All done!
Ways to use
- Shake well before each use
- Add 1/2 cup to a regular-sized load of laundry
- Is powdered laundry detergent more your speed? Try this recipe instead
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @LAurenrdaniels on Instagram and hashtag it #LAurenrdaniels