Did you know you’re supposed to exfoliate your face two to three times per week? I only know because I just googled it 😝 All I knew before I made this DIY Exfoliating face wash was I wasn’t exfoliating enough! I started to notice extra bumps and my skin just didn’t have the glow that it used to. But not anymore! This recipe got my skin back to it’s glory with all-natural, eco-friendly ingredients. Scroll down to make some for yourself.
What you need
This post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a commission should you chose to make a purchase using my link.
- The best option for the cleanest face wash possible
- If you don’t have distilled water, you could use filtered water instead
- Doesn’t have any of the icky minerals found in tap water
- All-natural and plant-based
- Gentle, yet effective
- Is known as a humectant, and is great at moisturizing
- Has natural skin healing properties
- Safe and non-toxic
- Soothes and hydrates irritated skin
- Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties help to heal damaged skin
- A natural moisturizer
- Has antibacterial properties that help prevent acne breakouts
- Improves skin tone, complexion and cell turnover
- The abundance of vitamin E and healthy fats soothe wrinkles, stretch marks and dark circles
- Environmentally friendly! Unlike the non-biodegradable plastic micro beads of yesteryear
- Are spheres of solid wax made by hardening Jojoba oil
- Jojoba imitates the structure and consistency of sebum, naturally found in the skin
- Has antibacterial, antimicrobial and anti-oxidant properties
- Has cleansing properties
- Fresh, pleasant fragrance
- I’ve repurposed an old product bottle. If you don’t have anything handy, you can order something similar to what I’ve linked here
- I often repurpose old bottles and containers for my DIY products as an easy way to be more eco-friendly. Reusing reduces what hits landfills or requires recycling. It’s a win-win!
How to make
- Open up your air-tight container, plop in a funnel and get ready to add:
- 1/4 cup of Distilled water, followed by 2 tbsps of Liquid castile soap
- Next, add 1 tsp each of Almond oil, Vegetable glycerin, Aloe vera gel and Jojoba beads
- Finally, add 6 drops of Lavender essential oil
- Close it up and shake to combine
- All done!
Ways to use
- Squeeze a small amount into clean hands
- Rub hands together to create a rich, foamy lather
- Apply to the face in gentle, circular motions
- Rinse well and pat dry with a clean towel
- Finish with a moisturizer or serum
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @LAurenrdaniels on Instagram and hashtag it #LAurenrdaniels