If you’re like me, you’ve been using your yoga mat more frequently than usual. More yoga sessions to de-stress and unleash my inner peace, but also those uber-sweaty Zoom HIIT workouts (DM @brookietrinity for the link). And if you think about it, yoga mats are probably bacteria’s bestie. Between the hands, feet and the sweat…thinking about it too much activates my dry-heave 🤮 Here’s how to make a DIY Yoga mat spray without alcohol that gets the job done!
And for the days when isopropyl alcohol is readily available again, check out this DIY Surface cleaner that is great for yoga mats and many other surfaces too!
About the ingredients and supplies
- Not only does it contain anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, anti-fungal, but also antioxidant properties
- It’s extracted from the Witch hazel shrub
- Is an effective natural cleanser
- Best option for the cleanest yoga mat spray possible
- If you don’t have distilled water on hand, filtered water is a close second
- But, distilled water doesn’t have any of the nasty chemicals found in tap water
Lavender essential oil
- Has antibacterial, antimicrobial and anti-oxidant properties
- Has cleansing properties too!
- Not to mention that fresh, calming fragrance
Tea tree essential oil
- Is anti-bacterial, antimicrobial, antiseptic and also antiviral
- Has purifying and cleansing properties
Eucalyptus essential oil
- Has ability to fight bacterial, viral and fungal infections
- Also widely used in products to fight foreign pathogens, not to mention different forms of infections as well
Dark glass spray bottle
- Glass is always the preference when working with essential oils
- Dark glass helps to retain the effective properties of the essential oils
How to make
- Remove the nozzle on your spray bottle and get ready to add:
- 1/4 cup of Witch Hazel
- Next, add 15 drops of Lavender essential oil
- Followed by 10 drops of Tea tree essential oil
- Now, add 5 drops of Eucalyptus essential oil
- Add your nozzle back on and shake to combine
- All done!
Ways to use
- Spray liberally on yoga mat
- Allow to air dry completely
- Store DIY Yoga mat spray without alcohol in a cool, dry place away from sunlight
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @LAurenrdaniels on Instagram and hashtag it #LAurenrdaniels