We’ve all been there ⏤ attacked by kiosk salespeople at the mall ⏤ coerced into trying their body lotion, hair barrettes and my personal fave ⏤ their dead sea mineral body scrub. Dead sea minerals are touted for many benefits such as relieving psoriasis, eczema and acne, cleansing, softening and detoxifying the skin and easing stiff muscles. But, I find the price tag on these products to be straight disrespectful! Surely we can do better ⏤ my recipe for this DIY Salt Scrub for the face and body is packed with a plethora of benefits and none of the artificial colors and preservatives.
About the ingredients
This post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a commission should you chose to make a purchase using my link.
- Contains all 84 elements found in the body
- Helps to detoxify and exfoliate the skin
- Composed of dried remnants of the original, primal sea
- Penetrates and nourishes the skin
- Moisturizing for the skin
- A lighter oil that is great for all skin types, especially sensitive or troubled skin
- Very nourishing and softening
- Rejuvenates and restores dehydrated skin
- Acts as a cleansing agent
- Has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-microbial properties
- Soothing for skin irritations
- Has calming and relaxing properties
- Highly beneficial for the skin since it has antibacterial, antiseptic, antiviral, anti-inflammatory and antibiotic properties
- Fades marks, improves skin and also enhances circulation
- Has an uplifting fragrance
- Soothing, healing and calming to the skin
- Supports a healthy inflammatory response
- Has a floral, sweet and herbaceous fragrance that I love!
How to make
- Add 1 3/4 cup of Himalayan pink salt to a mixing bowl
- Next, add 3/4 cup of Grapeseed oil followed by 1 tsp of Vitamin E oil
- I’ve used a total of 20 drops of my favorite essential oils: 10 drops of Lavender, 5 drops of Rosemary and 5 drops of Roman Chamomile
- Stir to combine
- Add to your air-tight container
- All done! In under two minutes, we’ve made our very own DIY Salt Scrub for the face and body at a fraction of the cost ⏤ take that kiosk mall salespeople!
How to use
- Take a small amount into your hand and gently rub onto dry (or wet) skin in circular motions.
- Then, rinse clean with water
- Keep stored in an air-tight container in a cool, dry place
Now that we’ve exfoliated our supple skin to high heaven, we mustn’t forget to moisturize! Fret not, I’ve got just the thing! I apply just 3 drops of my favorite DIY Facial Oil. Check it out, I’m sure you’ll agree this combo is thebomb.com 💣
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @LAurenrdaniels on Instagram and hashtag it #LAurenrdaniels