When was the last time you took a bath? I’m not gonna lie, it’s definitely been decades since my last bath! I know, I know 😞 Deep down, I am hoping making these bath salts will trigger some serious self care vibes. This DIY Bath Salts recipe contains all-natural ingredients that will calm and soothe tired muscles and promotes relaxation and restful sleep. Add it to your nighttime routine this #selfcaresunday. Don’t have a bath? Try these shower melts instead!
What you need
- Helps to de-stress and relax the body
- Relieves pain, inflammation and muscle cramps
- Promotes the elimination of toxins
- pH balancing
- All-purpose cleaner and deodorizer
- Soothes itchy skin
Eucalyptus essential oil
- Relieves muscle pain
- Promotes feelings of relaxation
- Soothing scent
Lavender essential oil
- Has relaxing and calming properties
- Promotes restful sleep
- Eases feelings of tension
- I was gifted this jar, which comes in a handy pack (linked above)
- Make sure your container is air-tight to have as long a shelf life as possible
How to make
- Get a mixing bowl and get ready to add:
- 1 cup of Epsom salt and 1/4 cup of Baking soda
- Next, add 8 drops each of Eucalyptus and Lavender essential oils
- Use a utensil and stir to combine until fragrant
- Add to your air-tight container
- All done!
Ways to use
- Pour jar contents into a bathtub of warm water
- Stir it around to distribute and allow the salts to dissolve
- Get in and enjoy!
- Store in a cool, dry place when not in use
- This recipe made enough to fill two 4oz containers (one pictured above)
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @LAurenrdaniels on Instagram and hashtag it #LAurenrdaniels