Help me save the planet one reusable face cloth at a time by making these! They are an easy way to be eco-friendly and keep a clean face at the same time. Scroll down to learn how I made reusable face cloths at home.
What you need
- I’ve upcycled an old hand towel, but you can really use any soft cloth
- Upcycling is a great way to be more eco-friendly
- My storage container is 1 of 3 in a stackable set that sits out on my bathroom counter
- I store all face cloths inside, and when one gets dirty, I stick it in the dirty clothes bin. Once it’s clean, back in this container it goes! And repeat!
- I’ve cut them to fit this container, so they lay flat perfectly. No more folding or rolling facial cloths to fit
- This is completely optional, but I added elastic cord in order to make hanging easier
- Watch the video to see this function in action
Needle and thread
- I chose a thread similar in color to my towel
- I hand-sewed these puppies, but it would be a much zippier job on a sewing machine
- Fabric scissors will work best here, but any scissors will do
How to make
- Lay your towel down on a flat surface
- Use the marker and trace around your air-tight container
- Repeat as needed for each cloth
- Cut the cloths out, making sure to cut on the inside of the tracings so the marker lines get left behind
- Pull an arm’s length of thread
- Cut it with scissors
- Thread the needle
- Grab both ends of thread
- Tie a triple knot
- If you are using elastic cord, cut it down to size
- Holding the elastic cord in place, insert the needle on the front side
- Pull the thread through
- Insert the needle again
- Loop the thread around the needle once
- Pull the needle through
- Loop the thread around the needle twice once you start to run out of thread before pulling it through on the last few stitches
- Cut the excess thread
- The first facial cloth is complete!
- Now repeat these steps on the remaining facial cloths
- For visuals, free free to watch the video above, and watch mama work!
Ways to use
- These reusable facial cloths are a great way to be more eco-friendly
- Stick them in the wash after use, and once they’re clean they’re ready to use again and again and again
- These reusable face cloths could also be used to remove makeup with this recipe
- These cloths are perfect to make while watching TV
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @LAurenrdaniels on Instagram and hashtag it #LAurenrdaniels