Show your toilet bowl some love ❤️ It does the dirty job day in and day out and gets no thanks for its hard work. Also, dirty toilet bowls are gross. Let’s use clean ingredients to do the work and leave chemically store-bought products by the wayside. Scroll down to see what I use and how I keep my toilet bowl clean.
What you need
Dr. Bronner’s Sal Suds
- All-natural, plant-based
- Gentle, yet effective
- Highly concentrated, so a little goes a long way
- The best option for the cleanest toilet bowl cleaner possible
- It doesn’t contain any of the nasty minerals found in tap water
- If you don’t have distilled water, filtered water is a close second
- Also known as sodium carbonate, is similar to baking soda (sodium bicarbonate), but has been processed differently
- A safe, effective solvent for removing stains
- Linked here for purchase, but you can also sub baking soda
Lemon eucalyptus essential oil
- Has antioxidant, antiseptic and anti fungal properties
- Air freshener, great at eliminating odor
- An effective cleanser with a pleasant, citrus-y aroma
- Nozzle makes for easy application
- I’ve repurposed a sauce bottle I had laying around the kitchen, but if you don’t have one, you can order something similar
- Repurposing old bottles is an easy way to be more eco-friendly
How to make
- Open up your container and get ready to add:
- 1/4 cup of Dr. Bronner’s Sal Suds
- Next, add 2 tbsps of Washing soda
- Alternatively, you could substitute 2 tablespoons of Baking soda here instead
- Followed by 10 drops of Lemon Eucalyptus essential oil
- Now, fill with 1 3/4 cups of Distilled water
- Add your cap back on and shake to combine
- All done!
How to use
- Shake before each use
- Apply the toilet bowl cleaner generously to the inside of the toilet bowl
- Let the mixture sit for 5 mins
- After 5 minutes, scrub well with your toilet bowl brush
- Flush to reveal your sparkling, clean toilet bowl!
- Repeat whenever your toilet bowl needs a refresh
- Now that the inside of your toilet bowl is done, let’s tackle the rest of the toilet with this!
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @LAurenrdaniels on Instagram and hashtag it #LAurenrdaniels