I used to freak out when my bottle of eyeglass cleaner was dangerously low and my annual eye exam was no where near soon on the calendar. That was the time when I used to re-up on my eyeglass cleaner, microfiber cloths and a new pair of glasses or two. That was of course until I got hip to the fact that I could make my own at home. Fret not my muppet, I’ll show you how easy it is. And we can both laugh together at how much we used to pay for this stuff. We are older and wiser. And old, wise people make eyeglass cleaner at home like cool kids 🤓
What you need
This post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a commission should you chose to make a purchase using my link.
- All-natural, plant-based
- Gentle, yet effective
- Highly concentrated, so a little goes a long way!
- An effective disinfectant
- Safe for multi-purpose use without any of the toxicity
- The higher the percentage, the more cleaning power ⏤ I’m using 99% here, but use what you have, or what you can find
- Omit this ingredient if your eyeglasses contain coated lenses
- The best option for the cleanest eyeglass cleaner possible
- It doesn’t contain any of the nasty minerals found in tap water
- If you don’t have distilled water, filtered water is a close second
- Distributes an even, light mist
- Handy size makes it easy to take on the go
- I’ve repurposed an old spray bottle, but if you don’t have anything handy, you could order something similar to this
How to make
- Open up your spray bottle and get ready to add:
- 1 part of Distilled water (or fill your container half way with Distilled water)
- However, if your glasses have coated lenses, fill the bottle 90% full with Distilled water
- If your lenses are uncoated, add 1 part of Isopropyl alcohol next (or fill your container almost to the top, making sure to leave some room for the next ingredient, as well as screwing the top back on
- Add a squeeze of dish soap
- Close it up
- Shake to combine
- All done!
How to use
- Grab your eyeglasses
- Spray lenses once per side
- Wipe well with microfiber cloth
- Now that you know how easy it is to make your own eyeglass cleaner at home, just imagine how easy it is to make your own mouthwash! Well, actually, imagine no more and take a gander at this!
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @LAurenrdaniels on Instagram and hashtag it #LAurenrdaniels